Viewing and filtering a router log for GET/

I want to be able to view the logs on my router for any GET/ commands. When I use show logg I get:

Router#show log Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 0 flushes, 0 overruns) Console logging: level debugging, 8289 messages logged Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged Buffer logging: disabled Trap logging: level informational, 8293 message lines logged

But how do I actually see the messages? Then how do I filter these?

thanks for any help!

Reply to
Dumb Luck
Loading thread data ...

Issue the command : Router#(config)logging buffered

The buffer logging is actually disabled as the output of "show logg" tells it...

"Dumb Luck" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Alcalin

Ok, so I now enabled Buffer logging. Does that mean that the other logging, (monitor, or console) does not keep track of GET/ commands? If so then I will only be able to view the messages from now on right?

Reply to
Dumb Luck

What is the difference between Console, Monitor, Buffer, and Trap logging?

Reply to
Dumb Luck

Yes this is correct. An history exists in the MIB but it contains only 1 entry. You can see it with : "sh logging history"

"Dumb Luck" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Alcalin

Console means msg sent to the console port Monitor means msg sent to a vty line with monitoring ( "terminal monitor" in a CLI session to enable this feature) Buffer means msg sent to the logging buffer (feature that you've enabled) Trap means SNMP traps msg

Reply to
Alcalin

So if I am understanding you correctly, now that the buffer is enabled, all of the messages will be saved there? Then at a later date I can review those messages, is that correct? Is there a way to export those messages, to something like a csv file? How do I review the log once there is information stored in it?

Reply to
Dumb Luck

By the way thanks for the replys you have been a big help.

Reply to
Dumb Luck

You can review the log msg by typing "sh logg" in a CLI session, though you should be aware that the default size of the logg buffer is

4096 bytes. You can >So if I am understanding you correctly, now that the buffer is enabled,
Reply to
moretti.family

snipped-for-privacy@free.Fr a écrit :

All of the information in this thread is valid, however, you won't see urls accessed (which I think is what you are trying to see), at most, depending on the ACLs you have on your interfaces, you will see hits on port 80, but will not see the individual URLs.

Reply to
Francois Labreque

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.