close ports and limit port smtp

I need some help here. First off what is a good book to buy on learning cisco commands? second is how do I disable the following ports from being open?

"access-list outside_in permit tcp any host mail_ext eq 4422" "access-list outside_in permit tcp any host mail_ext eq imap4"

Also how do I set this from "any host" to a particular set of IP addresses for our spam software.

"access-list outside_in permit tcp any host mail_ext eq smtp"

Thanks for all of your help.

Reply to
cptkirkh
Loading thread data ...

Presuming PIX, go into configuration mode and command

no access-list outside_in permit tcp any host mail_ext eq 4422 no access-list outside_in permit tcp any host mail_ext eq imap4

I don't understand the question? If you mean that you want to allow from only some hosts instead of from 'any', then change the lines to

access-list outside_in permit tcp host FIRSTADDRESS host mail_ext eq smtp access-list outside_in permit tcp host SECONDADDRESS host mail_ext eq smtp

and so on.

The amount of effort you need to go through in order to make this change at the same relative location in the access-list, varies with your PIX OS version, which I don't happen to recall at the moment. (If your access-list consists entirely of 'permit' statements then having the new commands end up at the bottom of the list should not matter, but if it has any 'deny' commands then you need to ensure that the new commands end up on the correct side of the 'deny'.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.