Lab question

I am going to have some administor work for a customer with Cisco devices therefore I am looking for some lab to practice in advance.

I looked at some virtual racks like ipexpert or ccie4u. They are all great but there is one thing I do not understand : they all show all kinds of connected devices but I do not see any PC in the diagram. After all, in real world, I need to connect the PCs/laptops to the system to access the Internet or the internal network. Without these items, how can I test if my VPN connection is good, or if the firewall is set correctly.

Thanks for your advice,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

For the most part, you can just use a router as a PC. You can telnet to port 80 for example.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Yes, currently I am using that for testing but I still think an extra PC or Linux box may be more helpful.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Perhaps. But then it adds more complexity. i.e. vnc (or like) capable PC exposed to the Internet.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.