VOIP Lab Equipment

I am interested in setting up a small VOIP Lab for a starter and at the same time I want to have the opportunity to practice on a Cisco switches, should I buy a Catalyst 3560 Series switch running IOS version 12.2 - Advanced IP Services, or buy Cisco 2801 Integrated Services Router with Cisco EtherSwitch HWIC - switch - 4 ports. Please advice. Thanks.

Reply to
Someone
Loading thread data ...

Passing the Voice lab exam requires a depth of understanding difficult to obtain without hands-on experience.

Early in your preparation you should arrange access to the equipment covered on the exam, and listed below.

MCS 7835 Call Manager/CRS Servers MCS 7835 Unity Server Catalyst 6503

3725 Routers (WAN, Gatekeeper, Gateway, PSTN Emulation) Cisco Unity Express 2651XM H.323 Gateway VG248 Analog Phone Gateway ATA186 Analog Telephone Adapters Catalyst 3550 with inline power IP Phones Analog Phones FAX

Software Versions

Any major release of Call Manager, Unity or CRS that has been generally available for six months is eligible for testing in the CCIE Voice lab exam. You may see more recent IOS versions installed in the lab, but will not be tested on those features unless indicated below.

All routers use IOS version 12.4 Main Train Catalyst 6503 series switches use Switch OS version 7.6(X) Catalyst 3550 series switches use IOS version 12.1EA CCM version 4.1(3) with latest SR Unity version 4.0(5) CRS version 4.0(1)

Network Interfaces:

Fast Ethernet Frame Relay

Telephony Interfaces:

FXS FXO-M1 T1 E1

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese on Cisco Network World Magazine Cisco Subnet

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.