ISDN DCP protocol

Hi,

We need to use the IDSN DCP protocol (rcapi server); Is there any way to get the specifications of this protocol ?

Regards

Claude

Reply to
Claude Petitjean
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

We need to use the ISDN-DCP protocol (remote capi access witin Cisco 8xx).

Is there any way to get protocol specifications ?

Thanks

Regards

Reply to
CP

Hi,

Here you can get some info on capi :

formatting link
Sincerely,

Marcial Colomer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

CP ha escrito:

Reply to
marcial_colomer

"marcial_colomer" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Thanks,

But our problem is not the capi specifications, but how to send capi frames (described by capi.org) over a TCP connection : i.e. "Remote Capi". The cisco 8xx has an integrated remote capi server using "ISDN DCP" protocol (name found on Cisco documentation); With this protocol it is possible to send "capi frames" to the router ; but i don't find "ISDN DCP" protocol specifications.

"ISDN DCP" encapsulate Capi frames.

Regards

Claude

Reply to
CP

Hi Claude,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's - Configuring Remote CAPI:

formatting link
Conveniently found selecting "800" under Cisco Routers:

formatting link
Hope this helps,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

"

formatting link
" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

formatting link

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the links,

I already investigated "Configuring Remote Capi"; I have a Cisco 801 operational using this mode with a software under Windows XP (software given by Cisco with the Router : Rvs-Com lite).

But my need is not to configure the router, but to write a software on iSerie (AS/400) using the "remote capi server" integrated within th router (like Rvs_Com lite).

But i don't find specifications of the frame to send / receive ; i only see them using Ethereal (Windows TCP analyzer), but it is not enough to work.

Regards

Reply to
CP

Hi Claude,

You may wish to personally contact:

Mr. Randall Stewart Cisco Transport Technologies Senior Software Engineer Email Address: rrs at cisco.com

Hope this helps,

Brad Reese Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the contact.

I send a mail to Mr Randall Stewart

Regards

Ckaude "

formatting link
" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
CP

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.