ISDN

Hello, how to connect router 1603 by ISDN to internet M.

Reply to
Maciej
Loading thread data ...

You have to buy a VIC card with ISDN connection. It should work then.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Lomnic

A 1603 already has an ISDN interface on it? It comes out to an S/T interface vs. a U interface. Hopefully he's in the part of the world that this is what he needs.

Also, a VIC card is for doing Voice connections, which IIRC, the 1600 platform doesn't do what-so-ever, you'd need at least a 1700 for voice stuff, but doesn't need the ISDN WIC if that is what you are thinking.

The 1600 setup guide is here..

formatting link
That should be a good start. If you need more, then readup in the Cisco Technotes section for the ISDN technology.
formatting link
has way more documentation online than you could read without going bonkers.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi There,

Home user PC must Dial in automatically to ISDN line in Office and hang up after 5 minutes if there is no usage. Could any one please advise about the right configuration example ? I had few configuration expamples from cisco pages.

formatting link
let me know if i am on right track. I can see isdn activity from my end (Layer 1/2/3 all up)when call is established but i can`t ping from router to outside world.

Any advice will br highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Reply to
wonder

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.