EAP-TLS for Aironet 1231 ?

Hi,

is there a chance to let the accesspoint do an authentication additionally to the clients ?

is there a functionality on the accesspoints to start EAP-TLS authentication and authenticate with machine certificate ?

and i think for that you will need this "multiple authentication" feature on the switch don=B4t you ? Does anyone know the right name of this feature ?

Thanks a lot Greetz Eric

Reply to
bt_hirosaito
Loading thread data ...

bt snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de schrieb:

The AP authenticates to the RADIUS by IP address and a shared secret.

No.

An Aironet 1230 internal radius server can only authenticate LEAP or EAP-FAST. For EAP-TLS you'll need another RADIUS like M$ IAS, Cisco ACS or Funk Steel Belted RADIUS. Together with an external RADIUS the AIR 1230 will support multiple EAP-TLS authenticatet client stations.

Reply to
Uli Link

with that i meant authentication via switch and not via accesspoint. should have write this more clearly. i don=B4t know the right name of the feature to do multiple authentication on the same port.=20

Greetz Eric

Reply to
bt_hirosaito

with that i meant authentication via switch and not via accesspoint. should have write this more clearly. i don´t know the right name of the feature to do multiple authentication on the same port.

Sounds to me like 802.1x auth towards the switchport of the switch that the AP connects to, right ? I am not 100% into the Cisco lingo about dot1x, but the commands are called that (dot1x) As how to install a CERT into the AP, I would look it up on CCO or at your local partner.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Note that FreeRadius works fine as well.

Reply to
Joe Matuscak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.