Is Cisco still in the VoIP business?

The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not even mentioned in Linksys' web page.

Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market?

formatting link

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera
Loading thread data ...

Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I really doubt that they are moving away from it. :)

They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in the VOIP hardware area.

The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area.

If you were looking for Linksys ATA's, they are here now.

formatting link
The small-end VOIP phones are now the Cisco Unified IP Phones 500 Series, or the Cisco SPA 500 Series IP phones.

The linksys business class switches are also now all Cisco branded.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks for your reply, Doug.

My problem is that I have acquired dozens of ATAs and VoIP gateways along the years. The brands have been Sipura, Linksys and Cisco. About

25% of the AC/DC transformers/adapters have died and I have been unable to find out how to replace them.

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

I do not see the models that interest me:

- SPA-2102 ATA - SPA-3102 VoIP Gateway

In that web page...

-Ramon

formatting link

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

| On Sep 23, 10:31 am, Doug McIntyre wrote: | > Ramon F Herrera writes: | >

| > >The reason I ask is because after buying many ATAs and VoIP from | > >Linksys, I am surprised (and orphaned) because such products are not | > >even mentioned in Linksys' web page. | > >Have Cisco/Linksys abandoned such market? | > >

formatting link
| >

| > Cisco itself is proably one of the largest VOIP hardware vendors, so I | > really doubt that they are moving away from it. :) | >

| > They seem to be in the process of shuffling more of the Linksys | > products over to be cisco branded products now though, especially in | > the VOIP hardware area. | >

| > The new product lines is in the 'Cisco Small Business Voice Systems' area. | >

| | | I do not see the models that interest me: | | - SPA-2102 ATA | - SPA-3102 VoIP Gateway

SPA-2102

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Morph

A power supply is a power supply. As long as it provides the correct voltage, at least the same current, and you can arrange the *correct polarity* and size of connector then you are good to go.

Some people sell "Universal" power supples.

Here is a random one -

formatting link
This will have a much larger current supply capacity that I would imagine that you need but that simply does not matter.

Oddly, it seems to me, that unit does not seem to have a polarity switch, I suppose that that may have been standardised. Polarity is easy to check with a cheap multimeter.

I would be VERY careful with the polarity since incorrect polarity has the potential to ruin the device.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.