Snom Nicer phone compared to othere big players

Well after Narrowing our asterik server settings down and picking hardware. I would have to say the most impressive phone on the market for the price and to be the phone for us for the future leading us into bigger and better things has to be the Snom. they got what it takes

I had to share this with you.

If you about to spend the big bucks on a cisco or a polycom take a good look at the snom 190. The features are mind boggling. Open source would be a keyword. Meaning a slowly but surly growing support.

This phone runs Linux.

Since I have not been able to see one web page show all the features and experiences with this phone the best way to show you it is from the numous pages highlights of the reviews that make the phone shine....

snom190 the most secure IP business phone in the market today.

formatting link
probably one of the best web administration interfaces I've seen on any embedded device.http://www.techtopia.com.au/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/1012/reviews_id/26 Snome Wiki
formatting link
Check out this companies philosophy... (they rock)
formatting link
And the features that I like is there sweet web interface, load your own ring tones, its possible to compile your own kernel for it.

the biggest seller would have to be the Intercom feature. Yes after arguing out who supports what. and hearing about othere phones that can do it. nativly , I hear they also will be IAX compatibl... this phone I am supprised is not a must have. Like the Linksys wrt54gs router seems to be.

Why mention this you ask. No I do not work for the company. But I sure would not mind paying less for the phone because it became a heck of alot more popular because it should be.

Go ahead.. tell me why this phone is not the best bang for your buck for features and options. I am open minded. the more people complain the more Open development will go into it. Opensource work eventualy eats up closed source products. My personal oppinion.

m.

Reply to
m
Loading thread data ...

SNOM - website - no prices - any ideas ? Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Because they are the manufactor.. its very common for manufactors not to list pricing.

It just means they are not in the market of selling to consumers directly. that requires hassles of beyond there line of work.. to buy a snom phone you will require a retailer. try froogle.com or if you are a retailer yourself and would like to sell these itesm. (note you may have to purchace 10 at a time) you can contact one of there many resellers.

m.

Mart> SNOM - website - no prices - any ideas ?

Reply to
m

The 190 is roughly $200. The 200 is end-of-life. The 220 is roughly $150.

Snome reseller:

formatting link

Brian

Reply to
Brian LaVallee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.