IPSec VPN problem with a CISCO C827 ADSL Router and a Nortel Contivity VPN Client

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm facing a problem.

I need to connect to a VPN, through IPSec. I have a CISCO C827 ADSL Router. I'm using Nortel Contivity VPN Client.

If I connect by a modem to any provider, it works great. If I try to do it through the C827, no way. It says on my side : Server not responding, and on the server side : Client not responding.

Anybody knows how I could/should configure my router to have it work ?

Here's a piece of my configuration :

ip dhcp pool maison network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 default-router 192.168.1.254 dns-server xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside hold-queue 100 out ! interface ATM0 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto hold-queue 224 in pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! ! interface Dialer0 ip address negotiated ip nat outside encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname xxxxxxxx ppp chap password x xxxxxxxx ! ip nat inside source list 101 interface Dialer0 overload ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 interface Dialer0 ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 no ip http server ! access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit ! line con 0 transport preferred all transport output all stopbits 1 line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 120 0 login local length 0 transport preferred all transport input all transport output all ! scheduler max-task-time 5000 end

It is very important for me. Has anyone an idea ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Michel

Reply to
mw
Loading thread data ...

Note : My company is using a certificate authentication, and it doesn't work. My brother's company uses a group login/pw authentication and it works wonderfully with my Cisco.

Can this add something to the problem ???

Best regards,

M. W.

"mw" a écrit dans le message de news: P6e9e.47618$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Reply to
mw

Hi,

Are you able to connect with the Nortel Client without Certificates >

group authentication! What is the VPN server the Cisco Router? or an internal server? If its the Cisco Router please post the crypto config. If its an internal server sounds like a NAT problem > let me know! What version is the Cisco IOS?

Rob

Reply to
RobO

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.