IOS update on Cisco 5510

I need help to update my flash from ASA Version 712-k8.bin to 8.0.

-Do I need to update step by step, first 7.21, 7.22?

-What are the setp to update?

I have never done this before, if some one can give me a setp by step instructions thru the telnet session, I would really appriciate.

Thanks,

Raj

Reply to
Raj
Loading thread data ...

Steps for upgrade are found here:

formatting link
Also make sure you backup your config before doing the upgrade. We have had command differences from 7.2 to 8 but no show stoppers. Also you should be able to hold both files on the ASA so roll back should be a breeze if needed. Make sure you update your ASDM at the same time.

Reply to
Its me Earnest T.

Ernest has already responded to your needs.

Thought I would point out that the ASA doesn't actually use IOS (uses a different OS). Although nobody was likely confused by the subject line of your post, it never hurts to be accurate.

Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

Besides backing up your config, make sure to BACKUP the current running image just in case ...

Cisco removes images from CCO on a regular basis - not being able to revert to the current image might ruin your whole day.

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.