IOS Clear Line

I have a Cisco 2610 router with a 4- Port Async/Sync Network Module (NM-4A/S) that I am using as a Terminal Server. I have a application that connects to Port 2033 to control a Serial Device and it works great.

I am trying to develop a automated redundancy strategy in case the application dies and another copy of the application running on another box will try to connect to the same port and take over control of the serial device. The problem is that sometimes the line at Port

2033 also gets hung in this situation and I need to manually telnet into the router and do a "Clear line 2033" command. Is there way to clear that line programmatically or can I have 2 connections to that same port? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
MtbRoadie
Loading thread data ...

To ensure the app can always connect have it telnet to the terminal server and do a clear line before trying to use the reverse telnet port

Reply to
Merv

~ ~ To ensure the app can always connect have it telnet to the terminal ~ server and do a clear line before trying to use the reverse telnet port

Turning on TCP keepalives may help in getting rid of the old hung connection.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.