IGMP Proxy

Hello, I'm cisco newbie and I'm trying to setup a Cisco7200 router to act as an IGMP proxy, which does not work. The goal is to have Multicast Join messages come into the GigabitEthernet1/0 interface and have the Cisco7200 simply send it out the GigabitEthernet2/0 interface. Here's my current setup.

interface GigabitEthernet2/0 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 ip pim dense-mode no ip route-cache cef no ip route-cache ip igmp unidirectional-link ip igmp mroute-proxy GigabitEthernet1/0 ip igmp proxy-service no negotiation auto

interface GigabitEthernet1/0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 ip pim sparse-mode no ip route-cache cef no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache negotiation auto no cdp enable

Reply to
seannakasone
Loading thread data ...

The following commands seemed to do the trick. The cisco docs describe this as setting up a "stub router". I don't know if that's synonmous with IGMP proxy.

c7200#conf terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. c7200(config)#int gigabitEthernet 1/0 c7200(config-if)#ip igmp helper-address 192.168.2.2 c7200(config-if)#end

Reply to
seannakasone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.