Identify a 7960G vs 7960

This may be simple, but how do you identify a Cisco 7960G phone vs. a

7960. I want to plug this 7960 into a PoE switch, but I know the older 7960's are NOT IEEE 802.3af compliant. I don't want to plug&blow up to find out which version I have. If you get my drift.

Thanks, Chuck

Reply to
Charles U Farley
Loading thread data ...

Chuck,

Well, my first thought is that it shouldn't blow anything up. I've seen non-compatible POE stuff that just doesn't work together, but have never seen anything blown up.

That said. If you just press the settings button on the phone, you should see the phone model at the top.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Chuck, 7960 fonez r 6.3 watts. 802.3af fonez r 15.4 watts. Let's say u had a Linksys SRW224P, you could get into port PoE config & set tha power allocation. I believe tha unit of power on tha Linksys is in milliwattz. Convert 6.3w to mw & u won't blow da fone. Or, u could rock a cisco 3560 pn WS-C3560-24PS-S since it is backwardz compat with Cisco prestandard PoE.

formatting link
l8r

Reply to
roger t

formatting link

I'm not sure I can translate what you said here. Are you saying a G Model will work with 802.3af out of the box or do I require a special pin-altered patch cable?

Chuck

Reply to
Charles U Farley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.