Cisco IP phone 7960 problems

Help!

Have a Cisco SIP IP phone model 7960 with firmware version 7.5.

When i boot the phone i get an error "Protocol Application Invalid"

formatting link
I would like to fix this. I don't have access to a switch at the moment. Is there any way to fix this by reverting back to an earlier version of firmware? Cannot configure the phone at all. I know there are other files that need to be on the tftp server besides the firmware. What are they and does Cisco provide sample files with config info. I looked on the Cisco site but did not find much.

I want to use this phone to make ip phone to ip phone calls without a gatekeeper configured. Is it possible?

Regards,

Wayne

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."

Reply to
NA
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.