HowTo assign DNS Server with "ip local pool"

Hi, how can i assign an DNS Server for VPM Clients while using "ip local pool". The "local pool" are used with AAA (ACS). Must i assign the DNS server also with the ACS (cisco av pair) or are there other options (like DHCP)? thanks D.K.

Reply to
D.K. [CCA]
Loading thread data ...

Hi D.K.,

~ how can i assign an DNS Server for VPM Clients while using "ip local pool". ~ The "local pool" are used with AAA (ACS). Must i assign the DNS server also ~ with the ACS (cisco av pair) or are there other options (like DHCP)? ~ thanks D.K.

Not sure what a VPM client is (VPN?) There are different ways to assign DNS server addresses to clients, depending on what kind of layer 2 networking method the clients are using to access the network.

If you are using Easy VPN Server, then you should be able to configure the VPN Server to push the DNS server addresses to the clients when they connect.

If they are using PPP, then just use "ppp ipcp dns" in interface mode to configure the server addresses. (Ancient IOS would use the global "async-bootp dns-server" command

If the clients are using DHCP to get their IP addresses, then of course you would add the DNS server info to their DHCP scope.

If the clients are using neither PPP IPCP nor DHCP to get their IP addresses, then they *could* still use DHCP to learn their DNS server addresses, but the clients would have to be configured to use DHCP INFORM.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

D.K. [CCA] schrieb:

Try the command:

vpngroup dns-server

HTH T.

Reply to
Tilman Schmidt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.