Cisco 1812 subnet to subnet NAT

Hello,

I'm a bit new to Cisco router configurations and I'm wondering if it is possible to specify a 1-1 NAT for whole subnets. I'd like our internal address range (let's say 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0) to be translated to our external address range (let's say x.x.x.1/255.255.255.0) - but I can't find a way to configure the router to do this apart from entering static NAT rules for each IP translation (and there is apparently a 100 rule limit on the routers?).

Basically I want 10.0.0.1 to be translated to x.x.x.1 and 10.0.0.2 to x.x.x.2 and so on.

From what I understand I can't do it with dynamic NAT and address pools because I have no way of controlling which internal IP gets which external IP?

So how does one insert a static 1-1 NAT for a whole address range? All I found were commands for a static 1-1 IP to IP nat.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Amadej
Loading thread data ...

Match Host

The ability to configure NAT to assign the same Host portion of an IP Address and only translate the Network prefix portion of the IP Address. Useful where you are using the host portion as a means to identify or number users uniquely.

Host Number Preservation:

For ease of network management, some sites wish to translate prefixes, not addresses. That is, they wish the translated address to have the same host number as the original address. Of course, the two prefixes must be of the same length. This feature can be enabled by configuring dynamic translation as usual, but configuring the address pool to be of type "match-host":

ip nat pool fred prefix-length type match-host

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.