how to using pix to block site

hi everybody i want to ask you about a problem i faced in my job it's how to use pix firewall 515e to block web sites & block determined program to be run also if i can to controlled bandwidth by pix or any other hardware cisco product

thanks for all your effort

Reply to
Chicko
Loading thread data ...

You cannot directly use the PIX 515E to block web sites.

- you can use it to block IP addresses, which would work until the site changed IP addresses

- you could add on a Websense or equivilent server which has various content and site controls, but is moderately expensive.

Sorry, I do not understand what you are asking in that phrase. The PIX 515E cannot determine which program any of the computers is running: it would need to have strong connections into the internals of the operating system of each protected computer (and printer) in order to do that.

There are a number of bandwidth controls available in Cisco products. If you are running PIX 7.x on the 515E, then you are able to configure bandwidth controls on it; however, that feature was not available in PIX 5 or PIX 6.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.