how to enable the vpn ports in the pix firewall

DEAR ALL:

i have this problem,how can i configure my cisco pix firewall 515e to enable one of my inside network users to connect to a remot host using vpn tunnel, what i mean, which ports should be enabled on my pix. or what is the required configuration. note that: its not pix-pix vpn tunneling.

regards

Reply to
asj
Loading thread data ...

A lot of informations are there :

formatting link
VPN (IPSec) PIX to Client part)

How your remote host create the vpn ?

See ya !

Jov

Reply to
LLFF

In article , asj wrote: :i have this problem,how can i configure my cisco pix firewall 515e to :enable one of my inside network users to connect to a remot host using :vpn tunnel, what i mean, which ports should be enabled on my pix. :or what is the required configuration. :note that: its not pix-pix vpn tunneling.

We get this question a lot. Cisco's web site has lots of examples, or you could refer to old postings such as

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

well, it depends on what sort of VPN your inside users uses to connect from inside and outbound to a remote site.

Todays "normal" IPSEC ports are udp/500 and udp/4500 HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

formatting link
(in VPN (IPSec) PIX to Client part)

thanx jov; i'd like u to know that when i tried to connect to the remote vpn server using microsoft vpn connection and from a bublic ip address the coonection was success. but though inside network and behind the firewall connection was fail.any way i dont know how the remote host creates the vpn. thanx a lot

Reply to
asj

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.