How to remove a serial interface

Hello I'm trying to remove a serial interface in a cisco 3640 but I dont know how. I tryed just removing it but my adsl configuration stopped working. A no interface is not working. Thank you all.

Pablo.

Reply to
pabloid
Loading thread data ...

if the interface is physically installed it will appear in your Cfg. If this is the case, goto config mode and enter the "interface serial 0/0" and the "shutdown".

If you have a Cfg, were a serial interface appears that you have just removed from the router. Then it will be there untill you reload the router. At boot time if will remove the Cfg entries from running config, and you can save that to startupcfg

HTH Martin

"pabloid" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Tip: aslong as you do not save your config (running to startup), you can allway copy startup to running, and you will be back were you started

"pabloid" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Hm, martin, last time I checked that, the copy startup running does MERGE the config. Thus, not "back where you started" but even worse. The only save way is reloading. And some interfaces/subinterfaces just won't go away without reload.

Mathias

Martin Bilgrav schrieb:

Reply to
Mathias Gaertner

"Mathias Gaertner" skrev i en meddelelse news:dqnovi$b31$ snipped-for-privacy@lnx107.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de...

how do you mean "does merge the config" ?

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.