How to reclaim the CRWS partition ??

On the later model 800 series routers, there is a 2MB partition for the CRWS. How can I reclaim/merge this partion to be used with the main partition?

I have tried the "squeeze flash" command (after erasing both the flash & webflash), but no joy.

Anyone know how I can make use of this extra (empty) 2MB and mege it into to main flash partition?

Reply to
X--Eliminator
Loading thread data ...

consider

conf t no partition flash

I can't test it since I don't have a partitioned router available.

formatting link
May help.

"Usage Guidelines For the Cisco 1600 series and Cisco 3600 series routers, to undo partitioning, use the partition flash-filesystem:1 or no partition flash-filesystem: command. For other Class B platforms, use either the partition flash 1 or no partition flash command. If there are files in a partition other than the first, you must use the erase flash-filesystem:partition-number command to erase the partition before reverting to a single partition."

Reply to
anybody43

=========================================

I tried that command much earlier. It only works (on an 800 series router - with class B flash) if you have flash on the board, PLUS a Strata flash module in the extra slot, or, have previously partitioned your flash on the board:

837#config t Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. 837(config)#no partition flash 837(config)#^Z 837# sho flash

System flash directory: File Length Name/status 1 6692764 c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-4.T11.bin [6692828 bytes used, 1433636 available, 8126464 total]

8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

837#show webflash:

Web flash directory: No files in Web flash [0 bytes used, 1835008 available, 1835008 total]

2048K bytes of processor board Web flash (Read/Write)

I would sure like to find a way to use this extra 2MB by merging it with the main 8MB flash partition, so that I could have enough room to install SDM without having to add a Strata Flash Module.

formatting link

Reply to
X--Eliminator

Webflash!!

formatting link
Says: Task 3: Remove Unneeded Files When SDM is installed, you must remove files you no longer need and reclaim router memory by completing the following steps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Remove the CRWS software files by enter the following CLI commands:

Router# erase webflash

Step 2 Enter the following command to reclaim router memory:

Router# squeeze flash

Reply to
anybody43

============================================

Yes... I saw that link before my first post, and I mentioned in my original post that I did that...

"I have tried the "squeeze flash" command (after erasing both the flash & webflash), but no joy."

However, squeeze flash command does not work as advertised using c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-8.T8. It looks like a lost cause. I'll just have to upgrade my flash to be able to copy all the SDM files.

Reply to
X--Eliminator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.