how to deliver IOS/Config to a stack of Ciscos?

Kiwi CatTools is a freeware application that provides automated device configuration management on routers, switches and firewalls.

Support is provided for Cisco / 3Com / Extreme / Foundry / HP / Netscreen / Multicom devices and more.

formatting link
as well as

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
alan

Reply to
Alan Strassberg

I was wondering - we have to ship a couple of routers out to customers, usually it's one or two at a time, so configuring everything manually (including IOS update) was OK ... but there are some projects coming up that might mean a stack of 10-30 routers at one time to be configured .... I was wondering, are there any scripts or programs out there that can take a router that is hooked up via console & ethernet and uploads flash files (sdm, IOS, etc.) as well as a pre-defined config to the router on a semi-automatic basis? Otherwise I recon I will look into writing some shell/netcat/whatever script to take care of that ...

Tnx, -gg

Reply to
Cisco Fan

Try "Receptacle" at

formatting link
It's an RCP server combined with the Tcl Web Server. It just requires 2 files to install, no compiling. It runs on various flavours of Windows and Unix. Newer Cisco routers can use rcp to transfer files.

Kind Regards

Jeff Smith

Cisco Fan wrote:

customers,

uploads

Reply to
Jeff Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.