How to delete all the rules in PIX 6

I want to add rules incrementally and test the configuration. Before I can do that I have to delete all the rules. Can someone please tell me the command to remove all the rules? Thanks

Reply to
soup_or_power
Loading thread data ...

copy and paste to notepad and put a no at the start of each line.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

And then paste the result back in... overflowing the PIX console serial port input buffers if you aren't very careful. Doing this by telnet or ssh won't work because the 'no ip address inside' will occur about 2/3 of the way into the config, dropping your telnet connection before the rest of the no's can be processed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

And your suggestion is..??

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

There was a small mistake in my previous posting: I failed to emphasize "very careful" strongly enough.

In my experience, 1/10 of a second pause between lines is not sufficient.

2/10 of a second pause between lines does appear to be enough.

The number of characters that can be succesfully pasted into a PIX serial console port is approximately 600 -- roughly

500 characters of buffering plus another 100 or so processed while the others are incoming. By about 8 large pasted lines, you've overflown the serial buffers.

My suggestion was already posted,

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.