How do I replace the configure file

Hello all,

I have router 1720 and made some mistake on configure file, so the configure was some wrong. I have a copy of working file. My question is how can I upload and replace the bad one.

Thanks for help.

Dave

Reply to
sunmagic
Loading thread data ...

In article , sunmagic wrote: :I have router 1720 and made some mistake on configure file, so the :configure was some wrong. I have a copy of working file. My question is :how can I upload and replace the bad one.

If you can get on to the 1720 in exec mode, then

write erase

to get rid of the old config completely. Then add enough interface information so that you can connect to your tftp server and load in the backup configuration.

If you don't have a tftp server... get one ;-)

No, if you don't have a tftp server, then you might be able to xmodem in the config from the console port [I don't recall at the moment whether the 1720 is one of the ones with xmodem support.] If not, then there's always the option of using any decent terminal program such as kermit or terra term, and telling it to transmit the text file out the serial line.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Old the old fashion, copy and paste...

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Graves

Oops... let's try "The old fashion copy and paste"...

Need less beer and more coffee...

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Graves

Can you post the line in question? or better yet, a sanitized copy of the whole file?

Possibly we can assist you in correcting the file so you can continue doing what you are used to doing.

-- Laugh at your problems; everybody else does.

sunmagic wrote:

Reply to
Wil Schultz

Also keep in mind that if you use the copy tftp run command, the commands will merge, so double check the config after uploading the old config. Strange things can occur when two configs are merged....

If taking the router down is not a problem, then go with the write erase command and give the router a basic config (IP address, no shut on the ethernet interface, etc) then use the copy tftp run command then write the config to the startup config.....

Have fun......

Reply to
CiscoTech

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.