Help with PBR

I know this is lame to ask, but I really need help creating policy routing and don't have a test environment. Here is my scenario

Main Site has a PTP and a Frame relay going to a remote site.

Main Site: FrameRelay IP S/0 : 10.1.130.129 PTP S/1 : 10.1.40.1 Internal Networks

10.1.8.x 10.1.7.x

Remote Site Frame Relay: 10.1.130.130 PTP: 10.1.40.2 Networks

10.1.3.x 10.1.40.x 10.1.13.x

What I want to do: Any traffic from any subnet on the remote site destined for 10.1.7.x should use the PTP line and not the frame relay.

Currently, I am using a static route statement, is that sufficient? My question is, with the static route, will traffic returning to the main site network of 10.1.7.x still use the PTP or will it use the frame relay. I need it to use the PTP but only for traffic from the

10.1.7.x network. and that's why I think I need PBR. Any help would be great.
Reply to
troute_kilgore
Loading thread data ...

Static route statements alone will not accomplish this. They will only route the traffic from the remote site to the main site correctly. The return traffic will not route correctly. This is because a static route statement is based on the where the traffic is going to, not where it is coming from. With a static route in use the 10.1.7.x network replies back to the transmission - it will not be routed the way you want.

Main Site Router: access-list 107 permit ip 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 any access-list 108 permit ip any any ! route-map sevennetwork permit 10 match ip address 107 set interface (interface) route-map sevennetwork permit 20 match ip address 108 set interface (interface other) ! interface (inside ethernet) ip policy route-map sevennetwork

Remote Site Router: access-list 107 permit ip any 10.1.7.0 0.0.0.255 access-list 108 permit ip any any ! route-map sevennetwork permit 10 match ip address 107 set interface (interface) route-map sevennetwork permit 20 match ip address 108 set interface (interface other) ! ! interface (inside ethernet) ip policy route-map sevennetwork

Reply to
Scott Perry

Hi,

Take a look at the route-map and ip policy route-map commands on the cisco website

formatting link
can use these commands with a few access lists to setup your requirements.

Cheers

Reply to
ScottyC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.