fxs , is it possible to turn off dial tone?

Hello!

Our phone guys asked me is it possible to turn off dial tone on cisco

827-4v connected to pbx. I can't find is is possible or not :-(

Could you help me?

Reply to
Dmitry Melekhov
Loading thread data ...

Hi Dmitry,

Do you need to just deactivate ports? Then you may just shut them down, something like:

voice-port 0/1/0 shut

Also, what type of ports they are? FXS? FXO? What are you trying to achieve?

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE Voice (in progress), CCIE R&S (next)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hello!

As I wrote port type is fxs, and I want to have port in operational state, but without dial-tone...

Reply to
Dmitry Melekhov

So, you want users to get the handset, hear a "dead air", and being able to dial the number? Why would you do that?

Hello!

As I wrote port type is fxs, and I want to have port in operational state, but without dial-tone...

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

i have set up permanent voice links (for a radio studio - cue and talkback circuits).

key issue was that the link comes up on its own (ie the router sets up the call internally once the link is up and the far end reachable) - no external voice dialling etc - is that what you mean?

If so, look at the "connection trunk" command - i used it with E&M as we wanted 4 wire analog voice, but it should work with any analog interface type.

Reply to
Stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.