NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off???

Hello,

First off, I know enough about computers to get some basics done but I am not a guru, so please forgive me if this is a 'newbie' style question.

I put together a PC with ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe m/b which has an Nvidia ActiveArmor firewall. I am using WinXP Pro SP2. I am having some problems with the internet and I want to try disabling the various firewalls to see what happens.

The problem is, I cannot seem to get to any menu to shut off the NVIDIA ActiveArmor firewall. In the Start->All Programs->NVIDIA Corporation->Network Access Manager it has three options: Admin Guide, Comand Line Interface, and Web-based guide. There is nothing mentioned about the ActiveArmor Firewall settings in any of these. However, in my Security Center, it says ActiveArmor is "ON". In the NVIDIA ActiveArmor administrators guide, it says to go to a Firewall menu, but there isn't one that I could find anywhere.

Sorry if this is a daft question but I am frustrated with the situation. If anyone knows what I would need to do to turn off ActiveArmor, please let me know.

DF

Reply to
David Forsyth
Loading thread data ...

The only way to get rid of Active Armor is to unistall it from Add/Remove Apllication panel. I had a motherboard with that chip once and maybe Armor can also be disabled from the BIOS.

Bye.

David Forsyth ha scritto:

Reply to
Michele

Hello Michele,

Thanks for the info - I looked at the add/remove software and I saw something called "NVIDIA Forceware Network Access Manager". Is this the one that needs to be removed completely (it's a large file but Windows says it is used "rarely")?

thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David Forsyth

Yes, it should be that. Sorry but I can't remember it clearly. Once you unistalled it, reboot your system and try searching your bios menù for Nvidia or something like that.

Let me know.

Bye.

David Forsyth ha scritto:

Reply to
Michele

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.