DynDNS

Hi there !

Some of the "small" routers (800) seem to have learned DynDNS - but what about the bigger models or even PIX/ASA? As my consumer DSL router really begins to suck, I'm thinking about using the planned ASA 5505 as the DSL gateway. But how can I do the DynDNS update then? Yes, there are clients for various OSes but that would imply digging out the WAN address etc. The best place is the router itself - and if the ASA speaks PPPoE, why doesn't it speak DynDNS?

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler
Loading thread data ...

Well, I use ZoneEdit DNS, which the Linksys routers don't support.

I have a little client service installed on my computer called DynDNS from Sitedevelopers

formatting link
It monitors the public IP address on my router and updates ZoneEdit when that public IP address changes. It was a fifteen dollar program and supports quite a long list of dynamic DNS hosting services including ZoneEdit.

There is a free trial version which only supports one domain or subdomain if you want to evaluate it.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.