DDNS

Hi there !

I have a strange issue concerning DynDNS updates. On one 1841 in the lab, I configured DynDNS and it seems to work flawlessly. Another 1841 has been configured the same way (just a different account and host name), the debug output ("debug ip ddns update") shows a reasonable URL and says that the update was successful but in fact, no update was done. The DynDNS server still shows the old update time stamp and "nsllokup" returns the old address.

Actually, there are some minor differences between the two routers. The "lab router" is running 12.4.15T4 adventerprise and is located in a company LAN so the DDNS config was bound to a FastEthernet interface - whereas the other router is running 12.4.15T4 ipbase and has a PPPoE connection and DDNS is bound to a Dialer interface. I suppose the interface shouldn't really matter but maybe there's a bug in ipbase?

Any ideas?

TIA

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.