Duplicate MAC found in when 'show arp'

Hello, I am having an issue with a PIX 501. At one of our client sites (1 of 40 all with similar configs only the network specific information is changed) they will at least once a day have an issue connecting out. It is a 10 license PIX and there are 9 devices but one of them is being assigned an IP address 3 times which is pushing the PIX over its license limit. It is the same device everytime and I have to clear the arp, xlate and crypto sa to get them back up (I am new to the cisco world so I am not sure what xlate and crypto sa do/ are but I read on a post once about another issue I had to try to clear that and it has been very helpful in solving other issues and when I change configs so it is something that I do every time I make a change on the device.) Has anyone had this issue before / know what the problem is?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
Jay
Loading thread data ...

I just logged on to check the device and I was mistaken in that it is only one device doing this. There seems to be at least two which leads me to be leave that the issue is within the PIX.

Thanks,

Reply to
Jay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.