PIX 6.3.4 - misc questions on VPN

:If I want to get the crypto map attached to the access-list "Oslo_VPN", :how do I parse it? 150k of text is to much, using | grep is not reliable :really...

You've been discussing the PIX 501, which cannot have a DMZ interface. You could in theory attach a VPN to the PIX 501 inside interface, but that would be quite uncommon. Thus on the 501 there is likely to only -be- one crypto map, and you could see it by

show run | grep crypto map

If you do happen to have multiple maps and you want to find the one that mentions a particular ACL such as Oslo_VPN then you can

show run | grep match address Oslo\\_VPN

Notice the '' before the '_' . Alternately, replace each '_' with a '.' :

show run | grep match address Oslo.VPN

:==> Second question.

:Let say I have 15 remote sites talking ipsec vpn to my paire.

You cannot have all of those simultaneously active on a PIX 501: the limit is 10 IKE peers for that 501.

:I need to kill the SA from one of those. So,

:ha-pix#clear crypto sa

:will kill any Phase 1 being established. But, this is applied to all of :those!!! How do I reset a phase 1 for a specific VPN and not for all?

In configuration mode, clear crypto sa peer 13.13.13.13

:==> Third and last question

:pix-ha#debug crypto isakmp

:I need to debug a specific isakmp association, not all of them! How do I :choose a specific VPN and not all of them?

There is no way to do that in PIX 6.3.

Reply to
Walter Roberson
Loading thread data ...

Hi!! Since this team is from very good quality!!! Walter, you'r not stranger in this ;-)

==> First question

ha-pix# sh crypto map ?

At the end of show , use the pipe character '|' followed by: begin|include|exclude|grep [-v] , to filter show output.

Usage: [ show ] crypto { ca | dynamic-map | ipsec | isakmp | map | sa } ... show crypto engine [verify] [ show | clear ] crypto interface [counters] ha-pix# sh crypto map

[150k of pure text]

If I want to get the crypto map attached to the access-list "Oslo_VPN", how do I parse it? 150k of text is to much, using | grep is not reliable really...

same proble with

ha-pix#show crypto sa

==> Second question.

Let say I have 15 remote sites talking ipsec vpn to my paire.

I need to kill the SA from one of those. So,

1, isakmp key ******** address 11.11.11.11 netmask 255.255.255.255 2, isakmp key ******** address 12.12.12.12 netmask 255.255.255.255 [...] 3, isakmp key ******** address 13.13.13.13 netmask 255.255.255.255 4, isakmp key ******** address 14.14.14.14 netmask 255.255.255.255 5, isakmp key ******** address 15.15.15.15 netmask 255.255.255.255 n, isakmp key ******** address 16.16.16.16 netmask 255.255.255.255

ha-pix#clear crypto sa

will kill any Phase 1 being established. But, this is applied to all of those!!! How do I reset a phase 1 for a specific VPN and not for all?

==> Third and last question

pix-ha#debug crypto isakmp

I need to debug a specific isakmp association, not all of them! How do I choose a specific VPN and not all of them?

Thanks you *VERY* much,

Amaury

Reply to
Amaury Ronflard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.