Downloadable IP ACLs feature

hi all

in his Secure ACS server (for windows) Cisco has this : Downloadable IP ACLs-Cisco Secure ACS version 3.3 extends per-user ACL support to any Layer 3 network device that supports this feature.

what are "network device that supports this feature" ? what do they mean ? I am not able to make it work on a 1721 router.

any tips ?

regards.

Reply to
dominix
Loading thread data ...

In article , dominix wrote: :in his Secure ACS server (for windows) Cisco has this : :Downloadable IP ACLs-Cisco Secure ACS version 3.3 extends per-user ACL :support to any Layer 3 network device that supports this feature.

:what are "network device that supports this feature" ? :what do they mean ?

The PIX for one; the new ASA series for another. Possibly the VPN3000 series.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The supported devices are,

PIX Firewalls VPN 3000-series Concentrators

It will not work on routers.

Reply to
NetKing
[Please quote some context, as not everyone's newsreaders supports threading, and messages can arrive out-of-order]

:The supported devices are,

:PIX Firewalls :VPN 3000-series Concentrators

:It will not work on routers.

As I indicated before, it is also supported on the Cisco ASA series of security appliances.

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

thank for your precise reply, ... so how do you guys manage access-list on routers ?

cheers

Reply to
dominix

In article , dominix wrote: :so how do you guys manage access-list on routers ?

Master copy on tftp server, tftp in the update at need. But then I don't have any per-user ACL needs on our routers.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi !

You could use the RADIUS-attribute cisco-av-pair for downloading per-user ACLs to the router.

Thomas

"dominix" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Thomas Arnberger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.