download and upload config

I have 8 2950 ciscos which needs to be configured fast.

I can telnet to a good cisco 2950 and see its config.

I need to download the config from working one, edit it and upload to other 8 cisco 2950.

How would I do this ? I do not know Cisco much.

thanks in advance Rashid

Reply to
Rashid
Loading thread data ...

use a tftp server to up- and download the configs and your favorite editor for the rest.

assume you are using IOS ...

save config: copy running tftp

reverse way: copy tftp: running

IOS will prompt you vor the IP of the TFTP server and the filename to save / upload.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Zerwes

As I understand it, copying to the running config merges it and the copied one together. You need to copy to the startup config which will then be overwritten.

Reply to
Ian Snowdon

Telnet to 2950 with Windows Hyper Terminal and the capture text feature to save the config to your pc. Edit it, making sure to remove unwanted text. Then use send file feature to upload the config. If you are using IOS check the 'configure replace' command which doesnot merge configurations but overwrites them.

hope this helps Nikos

Reply to
sek

The way I do it is a have a tftp app on my laptop.

If I want to copy a config from a switch, I run my tftp, I patch my laptop into the switch, or telnet to it across the network ensure I have connectivity, then from the switch I do wri copy run tftp

Reply to
Arthur Brain

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.