DNS not serving

We are on the beach in Mexico. I am trying to use a network that I used last month, but I am having difficulty.

I can connect to the network. It gives me an IP address and a DNS server, but I am getting no name resolution. I can ping the DNS server, and I can ping sites by IP address. I cannot ping (or otherwise reach) any sites by name. For example, I can ping 17.112.152.32 but I cannot ping

formatting link

I have cleared the DNS cache, turned off the DNS client service, and rebooted.

When I enter the default gateway (192.168.102.1) in my browser, it brings up a Motorola Terminal Adapter, rather than a router.

If I drive in to town, I have no trouble using any old unsecured network I find.

Windows XP Home SP2 Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-G USB Dish Adapter

Anybody have any ideas? Since I can't connect to the Internet except by driving in to town to post messages, I am limited in the online research I can do.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave Rudisill
Loading thread data ...

If you can ping the server then it sounds like there is an issue at the server.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

It appears you were right. After four days of not working, it is providing name resolution, with no changes at my end.

Reply to
Dave Rudisill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.