Differences between 2950 adn 2900

Can you please tell me what significant differences there are between the Catalyst 2900 and the 2950 series of switches?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
SysAdm

About 50.

formatting link

Reply to
Dan Daniels

Well, I know that the 2950 doesn't support ISL. Are there any other differences that are significant?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Folks,

Let's try this one again.

Someone suggested that I use a Catalyst 2924-XL rather than a

2950. I was told that I would notice no differences using it to do Cisco lab assignments.

Not being familiar with the 2924 series, I'd like some other opinions.

Would you go with a 2924 for this purpose? Why would you? Which of you would not go with this? Why would you not?

Thanks,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Mate, it's all in the feature list. There's a significant amount of differences between these two switches, and no-one is very likely to explain all the differences when they're freely available on CCO.

The CCIE course now recommends 3750's I believe. 2924's just aren't going to cut it.

Reply to
Ben

But I'm not yet taking CCIE. I'm just finishing up CCNA. The

2950 will do fine for that. What I want to know is how different the 2924-XL would be from the 2950. Also, what is the significance of the XL suffix?

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cool, well you have already been given the means to the answers.

Reply to
Ben

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.