Dialer caller does not match

Hi,

I have "dialer caller" commands in my Cisco ISDN PRI configuration that are supposed to assign IP addresses depending on the caller id. If no dialer caller matches, there is a general profile ("dialer caller x") which shall be used in that case.

The problem is that always the general profile is used, even though the caller id is being transmitted. But when removing the "dialer caller x" profile, the correct dialer is selected by the acess router.

The config:

... interface Dialer8 description "xxx" ip unnumbered Loopback1 encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 130 dialer caller 01234567890 dialer-group 1 peer default ip address pool dialin_pool_8 ppp authentication chap pap callin ! interface Dialer9 description "zzz" ip unnumbered Loopback1 encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 130 dialer caller 98765432321 dialer-group 1 peer default ip address pool dialin_pool_9 ppp authentication chap pap callin ! interface Dialer99 description "Dial-in unknown number" ip unnumbered Loopback1 encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer idle-timeout 130 dialer caller x dialer-group 1 peer default ip address pool dialin_pool ppp authentication chap pap callin !

Does anyone has an idea why the first two dialers are not used?

Thank you very much!!

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk
Loading thread data ...

Dirk schrieb:

Hi Dirk,

the decision is based on the first match. If only one X is in the command the match is reached after on check. So it is necesary to use more x's as the count of digets in your logest number.

dialer caller 01234567890 dialer caller 98765432321 =>

dialer caller xxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to
Helmut Ulrich

Hi Helmut,

I used 22 x's in the last dialer profile, but it still does not work:

-------------------- May 31 06:43:20: ISDN Se3/0:15: RX

Reply to
Dirk

Dirk schrieb:

Ok here is a new theory: The dialer interface are checked against the dialer caller number in order that the highest interface is checked first. If a interface caller configuration matches this interface is used. So change the configuration for dialer 2 and dialer 99 and it should work.

Reply to
Helmut Ulrich

Sorry, it still does not work. I removed dialer 99 and added a dialer 0 interface and now the call is bound to dialer 0. I tried "dialer caller x" as well as "dialer caller xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" on that dialer interface, but without success. Somehow the router likes x's more than numbers....

Best regards Dirk

Reply to
Dirk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.