Definitive mcast book

Does anyone have any recommendations on a really solid multicast design & implementation book that embraces all the latest greatest mcast enhancements? Like most network engineers I know what mcast is and how it's used overall but I haven't had much direct involvement with it (short of the IGPs that use it). I've been reading up on Cisco's site regarding IGMP, CGMP, various PIM modes, and more but haven't found a very good design guide yet. I need a fairly detailed understanding of the pros and cons of different mcast modes so that I can help guide the product choice for our IP TV system.

I need a ground-up intro to mcast so that I can make sure I really know what I think I know. And I need a good mcast design and implementation book. I found a few Cisco Press mcast books but I really wasn't sure if any of them fit my needs.

Thanks J

Reply to
J
Loading thread data ...

I'm sure you know about the Multicast Network Reference Design Guide on CCO?

formatting link
formatting link
AVVID Network Infrastructure IP Multicast Design (SRND)

Reply to
Bod43

formatting link

formatting link
Cisco AVVID Network Infrastructure IP Multicast Design (SRND)

I came across those. The "Cisco IOS IP Multicast Configuration Guide" for 12.4 was an even more detailed reading.

formatting link
This case stufy was also interesting, brief but interesting:

formatting link
I need a more detailed guide though. Ideally I'd find some design scenarios put together but a mcast god that will be directly applicable to my design requirements. The Cisco docs are useful and I've read through many of them. I'm needing more though.

Thanks for the links, J

Reply to
J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.