CSS upgrade, scripts and and features.

Okay,

I just started trying to enable the http management interface on a CSS and I get into its documentation. HTTP interface requires to upgrade the image from sg0730106 to at least sg0810002. The documentation speaks about a script that automates the upgrade process and moreover says that CSS enables you to write your own ones. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone already upgraded the CSS software? What are the steps required in order to do that? I mean those beyond those written in the official documentation and that you strongly recommend. For instance the directory script is overwritten when you perform the upgrade so they say to back-up them and put them back once renewed the image. Must I need to do the back-up outside the CSS or can I put them in another location of the flash. And how to browse the flash? Any other precautions to take?

2) About the scripts themselves. How much involved are they in the CSS job of load balancing? Can I use them for that? Or they are just thought administration?

3) Cisco says CSS is a layer 7 switch. You can build VLANs. Can you do something similar to the VFR environment to isolate layer 3 activity?

TIA

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.