copy config file

I have a 4506 switch and a 4503 switch.

the 4506 switch has already been configured with ip address etc and the config I want.

I want to be able to copy the config file and put it on the 4503.

So I plan to do this

set up the 4503 with an ip address. do a copy tftp run

so will this running config overwrite the 4503 config and its ip address?

Is this the way to do it right?

Reply to
tony
Loading thread data ...

Hi Tony,

Complete these steps to upload a configuration file from a switch to a TFTP server for storage:

Step 1: Log into the switch through the console port or a Telnet session.

Step 2: Upload the switch configuration to the TFTP server with the copy config tftp command.

Step 3: Specify the IP address or host name of the TFTP server and the destination filename.

The file is uploaded to the TFTP server.

Uploading a Configuration File to a TFTP Server:

formatting link

-------------------------------------------------

In order to move files and images between a CatOS switch and TFTP server through SNMP, configure the switch as shown:

Step 1: Connect the switch to the workstation to be used as the TFTP server through console and Ethernet.

Install TFTP Server on Your PC:

formatting link
Step 2: Make sure that the IP address is in the same subnet as the workstation. Ping to make sure the switch connects to the TFTP server. Refer to this example:

Cat4506#set interface sc0 1 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0 Cat4006#ping 10.10.10.2

Moving files and images should now be possible between the switch and TFTP server.

Moving Files and Images Between a CatOS Switch and TFTP Server via SNMP:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.