Connect together cisco vpn clients

Hi, I have one main office and two branch offices. In main office there is a cisco pix 501 and two user of branch offices are connect with cisco vpn client.

From main office i can ping the two pc vpn client but the two vpn

client cannot ping together I like connect together the two vpn client of remote branch. Thanks.

Reply to
Fabio
Loading thread data ...

You can't do that with the PIX 501.

The minimum model you could do it with (without adding additional hardware) would be a PIX 506 or PIX 506E running 6.3(3) or later, and getting it to work with those would presume an 802.1Q VLAN-aware WAN switch or WAN router together with multiple public IP address ranges (or being able to subnet your existing public IP address.)

After that your choice lies in using a model with an additional physical interface and using a WAN router and multiple public IP address ranges (or being able to subnet your existing public IP address.)

To be able to do it without resorting to VLANs or multiple public address ranges, you would need to use a PIX 515, 515E, 525 or 535, with PIX 7.x software.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.