Configuring Etherchannel

Hi NG,

i want to configure Etherchannel between two Cisco 2924's using two interfaces of each Switch. My Interface configurations look like this:

Switch#1:

interface FastEthernet0/1 description ___ETHERCHANNEL___ duplex full speed 100 port group 1 distribution destination no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet0/2 description ___ETHERCHANNEL___ duplex full speed 100 port group 1 distribution destination no cdp enable !

... and on Switch#2:

interface FastEthernet0/1 description ___ETHERCHANNEL___ duplex full speed 100 port group 1 distribution destination no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet0/2 description ___ETHERCHANNEL___ duplex full speed 100 port group 1 distribution destination no cdp enable !

So now I am wondering if this configuration is right? It works, but I have a strane feeling about this configuration.

Any hints?

Regards, Kamran

Reply to
Kamran Remin
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

• CDP enabled can inform you (via syslog messages) in case of duplex-mismatch.

• Do You have evaluate the choice of MAC mapping (destination) ?

• I don't see trunking parameters. All is ok by default in configuration ? : show int fa0/x switchport

• Verify your IOS version : older IOS have problems with Etherchannel.

• Verify spanning-tree is ok : A problem in Etherchannel can result in loop. Test the EtherChannel by plug and unplug the cables.

Regards,

Reply to
Luc

distribution destination command is configured only on the core switch to make sure that it performs load balancing on the EtherChannel based on the destinatio

Reply to
Make

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.