configuring an ATM OC3, (newbie)

This is a bit of a newbie question, so if the answer is obvious to the most casual observer, apologies.

We have a problem configuring our Cisco 3725, running IOS 12.2 For interfaces we just have the standard 2 FastEthernet ports it comes with, and an ATM OC3 multi-mode fiber card. So it's pretty basic.

While loading the configuration file I get the this error:

% An LEC is already running here.

This is the ATM part of our configuration file

! ! atm parameters ! atm pvc 1 0 5 qsaal atm pvc 2 0 16 ilmi no atm ilmi-keepalive

lane fixed-config-atm-address lane client ethernet backbone

The "LEC" error generally occurs at a bit later in the file at the following lines:

router eigrp 7 network X.X.X.X !! (our network address)

That is, the LEC error doesn't show up where the LANE is actually being configured, but shows up later. I've done some looking on the Cisco web site, and learned this kind of error appears when the router also has an LES running. But we aren't running a LAN Emulation Server.

I've tried some rather brain dead approaches, like removing some of the ATM and LANE configuration lines looking for clues, but nothing makes a lot of sense. Like I said, I'm rather new at this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BSquared

Reply to
user
Loading thread data ...

If this is for WAN access then something like:

interface ATM x/0/0 description no ip address logging event subif-link-status

interface ATM x/0/0.1 point-to-point

bandwidth xxxxx

ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.252

pvc VNWH26AA 1/70 protocol ip 10.1.1.1 broadcast vbr-nrt 1536 1536 1 encapsulation aal5snap exit exit

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.