Newbie: Configuring openbsd firewall

Hi Everyone, I am very new to openbsd and need some help on a project im workings on. Ive included a diagram of the network im trying to set up and while it may look stupid, i need it for a particular purpose:)

So far: Ive installed openbsd on my machine that has 3 interfaces, allowed ipforwarding, and put pf=YES

The problem: im logged into the machine and am trying to ping yahoo.com ...it doesnt work.

I need: could someone please indicate all the configurations/setting i would need to include/check for this to work. all the relevant data is below I took a long time to draw the diagram..so pleeeez respond:)

Thank you so so much in advance for any help you can give me!

Kelly

- external gateway: 62.12.xx.xx(if i were to be connected in front of the wireless router)

- static IP allocated to me :68.xx.xx.xx (shown in diagram)

- Three interfaces: 1) rl0 : connects to wireless router 2) fxp0: 192.168.0.1 3) rl1 : 192.168.1.1

|internet|--|DSL Modem |--|Wireless Netgear|------(housemates |router with Nat | computers') |10.0.0.1 | | |rl0 / 68.xx.xx.xx --------- OpenBSD |------------------|switch| firewall|fxp0/192.168.0.1 | ---------- | |rl1/192.168.1.1 | | | | Computer 1 | 192.168.0.8 computer 2 192.168.1.2

Reply to
Kellylawyer
Loading thread data ...

Well, I read your post, and it leaves me with some questions...

You are getting your 68.xx.xx.xx IP address routed through the

62.12.xx.xx router ... how? Some kind of tunnel? Do you see the link LED on the network card(s) and switch/router? What do you get from running 'arp -a' as root? Do you get any network connectivity at all, or is it just pings to yahoo.com that won't work?
Reply to
Eirik Seim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.