Client 4.7 installation error with DNE

I am trying to install v4.7 of Cisco's VPN client and it errors out trying to install the deterministic network enhancer with the following error:

Deterministic Network Enhancer Installation failed. rc=2148467203

Only one hit for it on a google search which recommends removing a registry entry. I tried that with no luck as well. I have installed this client many times before without a problem; however, the Dell Latitude D420 I am installing this is the first one we've purchased.

I have tried disabling firewall, removing antivirus, and removing Dell's Trust Suite...basically, anything that I thought could possibly interfere with load the DNE to the network adapters.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark K Hall
Loading thread data ...

Hi Mark,

This is a known problem on the Dell Community Forum:

formatting link
John Tong at JP Morgan Chase has had the same problem.

Email: jtong [at] jpmchase.com

Here is how Mr. Tong solved his problem at JP Morgan.

"Just by trial and error, I found that you have to make sure the pc has "Deterministic Netowrks" source files exist in "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Deterministic Networks".

Just copy from a different PC if they are not there.

If this didn't fix the problem, you would need to add deterministic network service to your via network properties and that should do it."

------------------------------------------

Furthermore, before you install a new version of the VPN client for Windows, you must first uninstall any earlier versions of the VPN client.

Refer to the "Uninstalling the VPN Client for Windows" section for instructions:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.