USB Keys and Cisco VPN Concentrator / Cisco VPN Client ?

I am aware of various USB type keys that work in conjunction with the Cisco VPN client and the Cisco VPN concentrator for added security.

The two that come to mind are:

Aladdin eToken RSA SecurID

Can anyone think of and recommend any others ? Looking to evaluate various ones out there.

Anyone know of anything along these lines but that also contain the Cisco VPN client? The idea being user has a USB key, that they can plug into any internet accessible windows pc, and launch the client from the key rather then having to install and setup the Cisco VPN client. Just trying to get a better feel of what is out there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments?

Reply to
TechGuy
Loading thread data ...

You will need admin-rights or rights to install sw, inorder to do what you want. This is also true if you consider WebVPN/SSL VPN/SecureDesktop features of the VPN3000's

An other setup is to use Citrix Metaframe/SecureGateway and/or have the VPN3000 Frontend this.

I do not know of any other OTP tokens, and OTP is what you want thats for sure.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

TechGuy:

You can run the WiKID token on any USB device. Since the WiKID client uses asymmetric cryptography instead of a shared secret, there is no need to assign a particular token to each user. The keys are generated on the device and a key pair swap is performed as part of the registration process which can be automated using AD credentials on your LAN with the ASP scripts we provide.

So you could put the Cisco VPN client and the WiKID token onto a USB drive and hand them out like candy. Then direct the users to the ASP scripts on your LAN and have them set up their tokens.

I like the idea of having the token and the VPN client on the same USB token. I wonder if there are security risks though of allowing the users to use any windows pc. They could plug into a malicious machine. BTW, with the WiKID J2SE client, you can use Mac and Linux too and each user could have more than one token.

HTH,

Nick

-- Nick Owen WiKID Systems, Inc.

404.962.8983 (desk) 404.542.9453 (cell)
formatting link
last, two-factor authentication, without the hassle factor Now open source:
formatting link
Reply to
owen.nick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.