Cisco VPN Client 4.6 installation problems

Hello,

I installed the (vpnclient-win-msi-4[1][1].6.04.0043-k9.exe) on my XP pro SP2 today and all my problems started.

First off, I had SecureRemote which is another VPN installed at the time. So when the install of the Cisco was almost done, I got a blue screen and CRASH.

When restarted, it said there was some new hardware which had to do with SecureRemote freaking out due to the new vpn, I uninstalled SecureRemote and disabled its "hardware" and tried to reinstall the Cisco client.

Now every time I try to install it says that "Another version of this product is already installed ..." So it says that it will be removed and the PC has to be restarted. Well I hit okay and restart the PC. On restart, the install comes up and gives me the same damned message.

There is no trace of Cisco in Add/Remove programs. I have followed the manual uninstall and removed all the oemX.inf files and still get the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this Cisco piece of Sh believe that its not on my machine and let it install already? PLEASE any suggestions would be great.

Oh, and I have removed the registry keys for both Cisco and Deterministic as well but I am sure there is still some registry stuff in there I haven't gotten to. Please help.

Reply to
trezaei
Loading thread data ...

Okay so in case anyone has this probelm I finally resolved it.

I basically went throught the registry (highlight My Computer first) and did a search for the word Cisco and removed every instance of it I could find. There was the InstallService which it would not let me remove but everything else is gone.

Then I removed all the more recently created oemX.int and oem.pnf files Also removed /windows/system32/drives/dne200.ddl And /windows/system32/dne I also removed anything it had put into Startmenu/programs/Alluser/startup Also removed the stuff in the temp folder

So the combonation of all that is what really got it done.

Now its installed and happy. I hope that helps some poor soul save the day I just wasted some day

Reply to
trezaei

I'm installing the Cisco VPN client at my work and we use SecuRemote now too. I have not had any problems, although I do make sure SecuRemote is not running as well as stopping the two services (Watchguard and something else) that SecuRemote uses.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
felipe.paredes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.