Cisco Service Contract

Does anyone know the current rate for a yearly Cisco service contract? Thanks.

-Vincent

Reply to
Vincent
Loading thread data ...

Hi Vincent,

Yes.

Cisco SMARTnet Pricing:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

It varies a lot according to the VAR's discount level.

Cisco has official non-discounted rates that are available interactively through the SCC (Service Contract Centre) if you have a CCO account and are in one of the major service regions (e.g., not in some small island nation in the middle of the Pacific ;-) )

formatting link
The price for a support contract depends upon the equipment to be supported, whether you are supporting just hardware or just software or both, the hours during which you are entitled to support, the guaranteed time to response, whether cisco will send someone onsite; for software, it also depends whether you just want to be able to "update" your software (get new versions within the same major release) or "upgrade" your software (move to newer major releases), and it depends upon your "feature set" and software licenses.

It is impossible to just give one price because, for example, the price for a PIX 501 10 user 8 x 5 x next-business-day (NBD) is enourmously different than for a 6513 filled with boards and running Enterprise Plus with 24 x 7 x 2 hour onsite response.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

With a contract does Cisco use people that speak English...not some aberation of Queen's English?

Reply to
Houston SBC

Cisco TAC Contacts Worldwide:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco eBay Repair Service

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I have created a number of PIX TAC cases, submitting them whenever was convenient for me, whether that was the middle of the day here, or late evening, or 2 in the morning. On several of the cases, including ones that obviously were not urgent, within a short time I received a call from the TAC person who had taken on the cases -- so that included calls at about 2:30 in the morning.

In my experience, Cisco uses a series of TAC offices in different timezones; each case is taken on by an available TAC person "on duty" at the time. I am in central Canada; cases I submitted during the local "working day" were taken on by the Mountain View California TAC centre; cases I submitted late at night were taken on by a TAC centre in Reading UK; cases I submitted in the late evening were taken on by a TAC centre somewhere in Australia. I see from other references that there is also a TAC centre in Brussels Belgium.

So to answer your question: Depending on your contract and when you place your service request, you might find yourself dealing with someone in USA or Australia, both of which countries are well known for using an "aberation of Queen's English".

I am, though, not at all certain why this would be a concern to you, as the evidence of your headers suggest you are in Texas USA, and so should be quite accustomed to aberations of Queen's English.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.