Cisco Monitoring Software

Hello all,

I am looking for some Cisco monitoring software. I need to monitor approximately 40 devices (Cisco Access Points, 2950's, 4500 series, and a few other devices). I need this software to provide trending information, and hopefully reports that I can generate (previous day, week, month, yearly trending). I would like to find a piece of software that is relatively cheap. I have heard that Cisco Works Small Network Management Solution would be a good software package to have, but I didn't know if there was anything better out there. Does anyone know of any software that might be sufficient to these needs?

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
UVAHOOS
Loading thread data ...

MRTG/RRD solution may fit your bill. It's free and works well.

Others that come to mind are:

1) What's Up Gold (commercial package) 2) Opennms.org 3)
formatting link

And numerous others.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Hallo Adan,

i'm using ZABBIX

formatting link
and are very satisfied with it. You can generate graphs, reports, set triggers and actions...

The most exiting thing for me at least is that i can integrate external scripts as well and store the resulting values also inside ZABBIX.

I have used MRTG for years and now change to ZABBIX.

Regards Thomas

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Cisco Monitoring Software (29-Nov-2005 21:02) From: UVAHOOS To: comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Reply to
Thomas Thim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.