Cisco IOS for Cisco router 2503.

Hi Folks, I have purchased the above-mentioned router from ebay and I want to upgrade the IOS to version 12.3.19. I have contacted Cisco systems to sell the IOS image to me, but their answer was that since it is a discontinued product, it is not supported and hence they cannot provide me the IOS cdrom for the above-mentioned router. Basically the image I am looking for is: c2500-i-I.123.bin. If a anybody has a copy of this image archived on their TFTP server, can you please let me know. Any suggestions are also welcomed. Note: I am building a CCNP lab at home and this router is it.

Desperate, Benchmark.

Reply to
benchmark
Loading thread data ...

We warn people, and we warn people, but it doesn't seem to do much good :(

(I was positive that I'd warned about -exactly- this situation recently, but I can't google up the message at the moment. Maybe I've just posted the caveat so often that I'm dreaming about it at night...)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hmmm.

I had a quick look and it appears that images for 2503 and 12.3(19) in particular are available for download by customers.

Maybe of course you can't buy the right to use them.

Interesting.

Reply to
Bod43

While there are a few images available for existing contract holders, the 2503 has been EOS for over 5 years, so it is EOL, and you can't buy smartnet anymore to get the software from any reseller on an EOL box.

There's a reason they are so cheap now, they are becoming boat-anchors.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Although this archive does not contain your desired image, you may still find it useful;

ftp://cisco:ios@195.140.140.170

Please read the Cisco policy on distribution of IOS images (in their EULA), before you decide to use these.

Reply to
Jason Tyler Tomasi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.