Cisco Client only allows one client to connect per subnet.

Hi,

Im getting the following error when I try to connect more then 1 computer with Cisco VPN Client ver.5.0.00.0340.

Secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 wireless router. I can connect one computer, but as soon as i try to connect the second it will disconnect the first and give the error message above.

I really need to solve this issue any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
pagerst
Loading thread data ...

I have had this issue many times over the years. The issue is the dlink (although there are many other manufacturers/models that have the same issue). Try to see if you have the same issue with two wired clients, and if you do, your best bet is to look for firmware upgrades for the dlink. If this doesn't buy you anything, you are effectively hosed. I am not sure what the specific technical issue is, but apparently the manufacturers made some bad assumptions on the older models or failed to do whatever they needed to hardware/software wise to let this work. It should definitely not be a problem on the corporate or vpn concentrator side.

Reply to
Trendkill

it seems to be a lack of imagination on having multiple UDP clients running on the user side of the SOHO router, with the same UDP socket number and destination address.

if your concentrator is set up for it, try configuring 1 or both client to use TCP encapsulation rather than UDP (or if all else fails, 1 of each) - these dinky toy routers seem much better at keeping different TCP streams separate.

>
Reply to
stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.